Pages

Sunday, September 11, 2011

☆♥*♥☆ Remembering September 11 ☆♥*♥☆

On September 10, 2001, my enthusiasm built during the day knowing that I would see Michael Jackson's: 30th Anniversary Celebration, the Solo Years concert at Madison Square Garden (MSG) in New York City, with my, then, 12 year old daughter. I felt excited that for the first time in 20 years "The Jackson Five", Jackie, Tito, Marlon, Randi and Jermaine Jackson would reunite with Michael to  perform a medley of their Motown and Epic hits!  More so that my daughter would experience, in person, a few of the musical icons that bookmarked my generation.

We arrived at MSG early knowing heavy rain was expected.  I also wanted to locate the entrance to the Garden the "Stars" would arrive at, and we did.  We impatiently waited, umbrella in hand, rain, heavy at times, amongst thousands of others also waiting to gain a glimpse of singers Liza Minelli, Usher, the amazing Marlon Brando, and stunning Elizabeth Taylor.

The concert was spectacular and included performances and appearances by Mya, 98 Degrees, Dionne Warwick, Luther Vandross, Slash ("Black and White" and "Beat it!"), Gladys Knight, Missy Elliott, Marc Anthony, Nelly Furtado, a 200 member children's choir and others.  Liza Minelli, along with a 300 member gospel choir, sang "You Are Not Alone".

It was a night to remember, soon to be overshadowed by events unknown, about to unfold.

The next morning, after  my daughter was safely on the school bus, I returned to bed only to be awakened by a phone call from my boyfriend at the time, calling from the other side of the World approximately 8:50am.  I wondered why he phoned so early. He asked if I had watched the news yet and said to quickly turn it on.  I asked "Why?"  He stated, ever so calmly, that a plane flew into the World Trade Center building.  I exclaimed, "How is that possible that a plane can not "see" those tall buildings? How is that possible? How absurd!" I turned on the television and as we discussed this phenomena of a plane "accidentally" flying into one of the tallest buildings in NYC, we watched in horror, another plane intentionally fly into the building at 9:03am.

Silence::::::::::::Shock::::::::::::Reality::::::::::::Tears::::::::::::: 

He asks if I am okay, and I am clearly not.  Ten years ago I owned Integrated Staffing Resources, Inc. and interviewed and staffed Wall Street professionals, Stock Brokers, Traders, Financial and Technology Analysts for clients in those two buildings and surrounding buildings. My brother is working down the block from the WTC, and my daughter's friends parents work in those buildings, my neighbors, friends, and job applicants worked at Canter Fitzgerald (658 employees lost their lives).  I watch a while longer to witness people jumping from windows to their death (200 or more people). I suddenly no longer felt safe, horrified watching the collapse of the North Tower.
*Grief *

I phoned my daughter's school and was informed that children were being kept in school until it was safe for the buses to drive them home.  It was at that moment that an overwhelming sense of grief washed over me.  I suddenly knew that some of those children would return home to the news of a parent who had lost their life within those buildings, and so I began to make phone call after phone call. The lines to the entire area were cut, no calls were going through, what would be for weeks and months.
*Fear *

When my daughter arrived home, she was not completely aware of why they were sent home early or why I appeared so bereft sitting glued to the television. I explained what happened and then calmly stated that when she returned to school tomorrow, some of her friends would have lost one or both parents, and this became *Truth *♥.

For the past 10 years, I have kept a business sized card distributed during the Memorial Service for Dominick Calia, the father of my daughter's close friend then, attached to a framed Guardian Angel picture in my office.  Attached to the memorial card is a baseball key chain fashioned with a thin red ribbon.  The card says: "In Loving Memory of Dominick Calia, Attach this baseball to your keys and when you look at it, think of him and say a prayer for our coach, Dominick. We will never forget all that you taught us.  The baseball teams of the Manalapan-Englishtown Education Foundation." Thinking of you on September 11, 1011.
 *Peace*
I later saw a news clip of the disaster, people running, caught on film; one of which was my brother covered in soot and debris, with a look of fear and angst. At least he was one of the survivors, even though he was one of too many forced to return to work immediately afterwards, saying it was "safe", then subsequently hospitalized due to debris inhalation and almost died.

Until this day, when I pull The Tower card in the Tarot deck, I am painfully reminded of the events of September 11. Just for today, I am thinking of the 2,606 people who lost their lives in New York City. I am also remembering the 341 firefighters and 2 paramedics who lost their lives for our safety. Thank you.
 *Remember*

Even if you do not live on the East Coast, this day marks a spot on our historical timeline. If you are so inclined, send healing energy to those who have lost loved ones too soon and also to Mother Earth.  We are all  *Divinely *connected.


If you want to learn more about this topic and others, schedule a phone, Skype or e-mail consultation at Fuchsiastars@aol.com. This blog is linked through Networked Blogs and may also be received directly to your Facebook page.

Thank you, and have a wonderful day! *

Lorraine
FuchsiaStars@aol.com 
www.FuchsiaStars.com 
www.KarmicAstrology.info 
http://energyhealing4u.webs.com/ 
http://twitter.com/FuchsiaStars
http://FuchsiaStars.blogspot.com/


© All rights reserved. Opinions and interpretation/analysis expressed are the sole intellectual property of Lorraine Valente and FuchsiaStars® Guidance. Permission is required to copy, emulate, or electronically broadcast any portion of this article, blog, or website(s). Copyright, credits, and above information must be included in all copying and forwarding in its entirety pointing back to this blog. FuchsiaStars® interpretations are for research and entertainment purposes only.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post your comments here!